Cosmic Dimensions

Dodgers' Shohei Ohtani Becomes First Player in MLB History to Have a 50/50 Season

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/19/sport/shohei-ohtani-50-50/index.html

Baseball talking heads had been tracking this for about a month, and honestly, I thought he would get close to it. But he actually did it, what an accomplishment. 50 home runs and 50 stolen bases in a single season! We've seen 30/30 and 40/40 before in baseball history, but never 50/50...until now! What was even more impressive was the way he did it. Ohtani entered the game needing one more stolen base and two more homers. He had three of each, and had six hits! What a feat, what an accomplishment, and on the same day that the Dodgers clinched a spot in the playoffs--and scored 20 runs in the game; holy moley!

• Like 2
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, CEDAvsFan said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/19/sport/shohei-ohtani-50-50/index.html

Baseball talking heads had been tracking this for about a month, and honestly, I thought he would get close to it. But he actually did it, what an accomplishment. 50 home runs and 50 stolen bases in a single season! We've seen 30/30 and 40/40 before in baseball history, but never 50/50...until now! What was even more impressive was the way he did it. Ohtani entered the game needing one more stolen base and two more homers. He had three of each, and had six hits! What a feat, what an accomplishment, and on the same day that the Dodgers clinched a spot in the playoffs--and scored 20 runs in the game; holy moley!

That game was truly amazing. I don't remember the last time I saw 20 runs in a game. Plus clinching a postseason spot and Shohei Ohtani making the 50/50 club. WOW! Just amazing.

• Like 1