Cosmic Dimensions

Kathy Bates Says She Will Retire After "Matlock"

CEDAvsFan

https://tvline.com/news/kathy-bates-retiring-matlock-cbs-1235327806/

Another iconic legend set to call it a career. Kathy Bates has done so much in her amazing career. As a Sandler fan, I know her from The Waterboy. Of course, she's done several seasons of American Horror Story. However, she will always be known for Misery as Annie Wilkes, and I remember one of the times I saw that movie was just hours after the Colorado Avalanche won the Cup two years ago. Regarding the Matlock reboot, Bates will show out once again, I just know it!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Elektra said:

I can't see her retiring.

Part of me believes that how Matlock does will determine whether or not Kathy Bates calls it a career or not. When I read this, I thought about Steve Martin, who said the same regarding his career--he'll retire once Only Murders in the Building ends, and that show is lasting long. Brad Dourif said the same thing, he's retired except for playing Chucky, and Jim Carrey will only continue the Sonic movies. I think if the Matlock reboot fails and gets cancelled early, I can see Kathy Bates doing just a bit more and then she retires. But if this show succeeds and lasts about three seasons at least, then I can see her retiring after this show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CEDAvsFan said:

Part of me believes that how Matlock does will determine whether or not Kathy Bates calls it a career or not. When I read this, I thought about Steve Martin, who said the same regarding his career--he'll retire once Only Murders in the Building ends, and that show is lasting long. Brad Dourif said the same thing, he's retired except for playing Chucky, and Jim Carrey will only continue the Sonic movies. I think if the Matlock reboot fails and gets cancelled early, I can see Kathy Bates doing just a bit more and then she retires. But if this show succeeds and lasts about three seasons at least, then I can see her retiring after this show.

So it could be said to help make it last?

• Like 2