Cosmic Dimensions

ABC and ESPN Pulled From DirecTV Amid Carriage Dispute With Disney

CEDAvsFan

https://tvline.com/news/disney-directv-carriage-dispute-abc-espn-1235325492/

What, AGAIN?! Seriously, what the f**k is up with Disney? And this comes EXACTLY one year after Disney and Spectrum were butting heads, and as someone who has Spectrum, I remember this so well. It had me scared to death, especially because, much like this year's dispute, it came just DAYS before the NFL season started. ESPN airs Monday Night Football, and has since 2006, while ABC has pretty much returned to the MNF spotlight in the last couple of years (MNF had aired on ABC from 1970 until the end of the 2005 season). 

The first Monday Night Football game will air on September 9. If this dispute is anything like the one with Spectrum last year, watch Disney and DirecTV conveniently come to an agreement next Monday morning--HOURS before that first game starts, because they want that NFL money. That's how the whole sh*t between Disney and Spectrum ended. Though, again, if it's anything like last year, those of you with DirecTV:  prepare to lose some channels. We Spectrum people did. One of them was Freeform. Yeah, I don't have Freeform any more because of that drama last year, though to be honest, once Cruel Summer got canceled, I wasn't sweating it. I will miss the Halloween and Christmas stuff on that channel, though I think a lot of that can be found on Disney+. Even so, this drama is just crazy

• Like 4