Cosmic Dimensions

NHL Player Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames, Columbus Blue Jackets), and Brother Matthew Gaudreau Killed in Bike Accident

CEDAvsFan

https://www.nhl.com/news/johnny-gaudreau-dies-at-31

I CRIED OVER THIS! I heard last night that there was a possibility that the Gaudreau brothers were killed but it hadn't been confirmed. Sadly, it has. I didn't know about Matthew's playing, but Johnny--oh man. I watched him for years with the Calgary Flames. I remember his greatest hits, and yes, unfortunately, I remember that 2019 postseason where poor Johnny couldn't buy a goal as the Flames were defeated soundly by the Colorado Avalanche in Round 1. The first thing that entered my mind was Johnny's overtime goal in Game Seven in Round 1 against the Dallas Stars. It was a Sunday filled with Game Sevens in 2022, and that game was the last one. It would be the last big act he would perform for the Flames. 

He was called Johnny Hockey for a good reason. The kid was damn good. I wish I could have seen his brother in the league, that would have been so amazing. Thank you so much, Johnny. RIP to both brothers, and prayers to the Gaudreau family and the close friends of the brothers.

• Like 1