Cosmic Dimensions

Simone Biles says people need to ‘stop asking’ Olympians this question

https://www.today.com/news/paris-olympics/simone-biles-stop-asking-gymnastics-future-rcna165053

Simone does have a point. The #1 cliché thing that people ask athletes after they won something is "What's next?/What are you going to do next?" Whether it's a gold medal in the Olympics, or winning the Stanley Cup, World Series, and especially the Super Bowl, talking heads always give that "What's next?" question. There's really no right answer to that, because tomorrow isn't automatically promised to any of us. To me, that's what Simone's trying to say:  the focus should not be on the future, it should be on the moment, the here and the now.

• Like 3
  • Boring 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thx 3

2 minutes ago, CEDAvsFan said:

https://www.today.com/news/paris-olympics/simone-biles-stop-asking-gymnastics-future-rcna165053

Simone does have a point. The #1 cliché thing that people ask athletes after they won something is "What's next?/What are you going to do next?" Whether it's a gold medal in the Olympics, or winning the Stanley Cup, World Series, and especially the Super Bowl, talking heads always give that "What's next?" question. There's really no right answer to that, because tomorrow isn't automatically promised to any of us. To me, that's what Simone's trying to say:  the focus should not be on the future, it should be on the moment, the here and the now.

I agree but she comes across as rude with the way she is saying and putting it. That will not help/get people to listen.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Elektra said:

I agree but she comes across as rude with the way she is saying and putting it. That will not help/get people to listen.

Yeah, it would have been better if she had described it in the form of the example that I gave. It would have been more compassionate and heartfelt.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Simone Biles needs to shut the f**k up and stop acting like some elitist stuck up b***h. If she pulled her elitist head out of her a**, she would see that it is normal to ask an athlete "what's next?". For some it's working for more accomplishments while enjoying their current victory.

Oh and I heard from my french pen pal that Simone Biles is a bit of a stuck up b***h when the cameras aren't pointed her way. 

• Like 2
  • Super Like 1
  • Agree 2

Acq0uyU.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Simian Pathetica said:

Simone Biles needs to shut the f**k up and stop acting like some elitist stuck up b***h. If she pulled her elitist head out of her a**, she would see that it is normal to ask an athlete "what's next?". For some it's working for more accomplishments while enjoying their current victory.

Oh and I heard from my french pen pal that Simone Biles is a bit of a stuck up b***h when the cameras aren't pointed her way. 

I use to be a fan, not anymore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Yes 1

THwir4o.png

6 hours ago, CEDAvsFan said:

She may have a point, but she chose to be a sketchy b***h. She's shaming for what's normal. 

If she wasn't so into herself (self centered) shed know when an athlete is asked what's next it is celebrating their current achievement and wanting to know how they will celebrate and how they plan to progress. But no. She chooses to be wrapped up in herself.

• Like 1
  • LOVE 1
  • Agree 3

uXoW872.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Vanessa Redlynn said:

Someone needs to tell Simone Biles that her Olympic medals don't entitled her to portray something normal as something that is some big sin. Also, she doesn't have to be a b***h about it.

She can have all the medals, but she will always be sketch.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

uXoW872.jpeg

Simone Biles is arrogant and letting her fame get to her head. I do not like how she is shaming all those whom have asked an athlete "what's next". Asking an athlete what's next for them is a compliment to all their achievements and a hope for more.

• Like 1

iWoXG56.jpg