Cosmic Dimensions

California fast food workers demand another minimum wage increase — four months after $4 raise

Elektra

California fast food workers demand another minimum wage increase — four months after $4 raise

The union is asking that wages for workers be raised to $20.70 per hour by Jan. 1, 2025, “to keep up with the rising cost of living,” the SEIU released in a statement to the outlet.

Then in another 4 months or year, they'll demand alot more. Start small in the demands. Then work the way up.

Several major chains – including McDonald’s, Burger King, and even low-cost favorite In-N-Out Burger – jacked up prices to offset the higher wages.

Many had to cut employee hours, and some have expedited a move toward automation.

Rubio’s California Grill closed 48 of its nearly 134 locations at the end of May – making it the first major chain to fall victim to the new law.

The San Diego-based company cited the “rising cost of doing business” in the state for the closures and filed for bankruptcy in June.

“They don’t have a lot of options beyond increasing prices, reducing hours of operation, or scaling back the size of their workforce.”

Now what has @Goldenforce772 been saying?

“It’s been really good because I can put more food on the table and in my fridge and pay my rent on time which was always a challenge,” Oakland Wendy’s employee Romualda Alcazar Cruz said Wednesday.

SELFISH! SELFISH! SELFISH! What about those whom have lost their jobs or had their hours cut? For them, the change means nothing.

• Like 1
  • WTF 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thx 1

What the hell? They got a big raise recently! Now they're b***hing for more! When will it end? Are they testing the government to see how much they can get out of them?

None of these fast food workers deserve another raise for awhile.

• Like 1

iDt0JgR.jpg