Cosmic Dimensions

Lifetime Movie Club Pitch: "A Sister's Fatal Dilemma"

A woman (Maeve Quinlan) blessed with being a wife, a mother, and a businessperson finds herself face to face with her wayward younger sister (Jessica Morris), whom she hadn't seen since the deaths of their parents 30 years ago. The trust between them is shattered, and the elder sister isn't so sure that it can be repaired. But as she soon discovers, however, the younger sister is being forced to commit crimes by someone with an ax to grind, putting the older one, her husband (William R. Moses), and her creative, college-aged daughter (Noemi VanSlyke) at risk. Will she be able to get through to her sister in time?

Additional casting: Robert Wagner and Julie Newmar as Maeve Quinlan and Jessica Morris's parents in flashback, Anthony Edwards, Heather McComb, Melvin Ward, Ashley Ahlquist, Luis Mercado, and Jamie Hughes as Maeve's boss, Anthony's secretary, and Maeve's co-workers, Barbie Castro and Adam Harper as local, experienced detectives, Justin Berti, Jacy King, and Sofia Chicorelli Serna as a family who just moved into the neighborhood, and Brian Bilica as a blind man whose other senses keep him on alert.

Distributor: Concord Films.

Writers: Jessica Morris and Maeve Quinlan.

Executive producers: Barbie Castro, Eric R. Castro, David Chester, Adam Rockoff, Jessica Morris, and Maeve Quinlan.

Producers: Tom Shell, Christine Conradt, Nicole Layson, and J. Bryan d**k.

Associate producers: Alissa Filoramo and Barbara Kymlicka.

Music: Sunna Wehrmeijer.

Stunts: Lynn Allinger and Mackenzie Hughes.

Director: Tom Shell.

• Like 1

I love this pitch so much! I want to guess/suggest the twist:  the person with the ax to grind has to be Heather McComb's character. Chances are, Heather either wants Maeve's husband or her position--or both, and in a climactic twist, Heather turns heel and reveals herself as the mastermind ordering Jessica to commit said crimes.

• Yes 1

18 minutes ago, CEDAvsFan said:

I love this pitch so much! I want to guess/suggest the twist:  the person with the ax to grind has to be Heather McComb's character. Chances are, Heather either wants Maeve's husband or her position--or both, and in a climactic twist, Heather turns heel and reveals herself as the mastermind ordering Jessica to commit said crimes.

I intentionally had Heather McComb's character in mind when I wrote this pitch. I'd wanted her character and Anthony Edwards' character working together, but your idea is much better. :)

• Thx 1