Cosmic Dimensions

Los Angeles Lakers Hire JJ Redick as Head Coach

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40393973/sources-lakers-hiring-jj-redick-4-year-deal-coach

This is very problematic. I'm a fan of Redick's playing days and I like him as a talking head, but this hiring is problematic. A White candidate with literally NO coaching experience in the NBA is now serving as the head coach of the biggest attention magnet in the Association. Even worse, LeBron James--who has been reminding us that racism is a big problem--wanted Redick as his coach. Monty Williams was right there for the taking, Lakers. Way to become part of the problem.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, CEDAvsFan said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40393973/sources-lakers-hiring-jj-redick-4-year-deal-coach

This is very problematic. I'm a fan of Redick's playing days and I like him as a talking head, but this hiring is problematic. A White candidate with literally NO coaching experience in the NBA is now serving as the head coach of the biggest attention magnet in the Association. Even worse, LeBron James--who has been reminding us that racism is a big problem--wanted Redick as his coach. Monty Williams was right there for the taking, Lakers. Way to become part of the problem.

Can you elaborate?

iDt0JgR.jpg

4 minutes ago, Angie said:

Can you elaborate?

JJ Redick has never coached at any level in the NBA. Never been a head coach, never been an assistant, never been on any coaching staff. I'm going to be honest, I never thought the NBA would have that problem. I know the NFL does--White coaches with no experience being hired, though we are seeing more diversity in the NFL though.